Car accidents are extremely common all over the world. Around 3 million people are injured every year in car crashes. If you or your loved one is injured in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence, choose one of the leading attorneys or lawyers to obtain the maximum possible compensation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Distracted Driving
When Should You Call An Attorney For A Car Accident?
Wondering when to call an attorney after a car accident? You need to hire an attorney immediately in the following conditions:
- The car accident caused a fatal injury.
- You can’t go to work because of your injuries and need medical care.
- Multiple parties were involved in the crash.
- You need to gather proof about the accident.
Here are some updated car accident statistics:
- Speeding and distracted driving are the most common causes of car accidents
- Approximately 3 million people in the United States are injured in car crashes each year
- 2 million drivers have experienced severe injuries after a car crash
- 10 million car accidents go unreported each year
- The car crash fatality rate for males is higher than that of females in the U.S.
- Most devastating car accidents happen during weekends
- More than 48 percent of all fatal car crashes happen during the nighttime
- 1 out of 7 people do not wear a seatbelt while driving their car
- Seatbelts eliminate the risk of fatal injuries by 50 percent
- 1 out of 3 drivers indulge in texting
- 40% of car accidents happen due to drunken driver
- 90 American citizens die in car accidents each day
- 1 out of 10 road accidents lead to multiple deaths
- 40% of fatal car accidents happen by a collision with a fixed object on the road
- 1 out of 3 car crashes are caused by tailgating
- There are more chances of car accidents in the first few years after getting a driving license
- More than 70 percent of pedestrians died in car accidents that happen during the nighttime
- 1 out of 4 fatal car accidents involved a driver under the age of 25
- Approximately 1,600 children die in car accidents each year
- Car crashes lead to 6% fatality, 27% non-fatality injury, and 72% property damage
- More than 1000 people are injured in car crashes that involve a distracted driver
- 9 people are died in car accidents due to distracted driving every day
- $871 billion is the cost of traffic accidents in the United States each year
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence, talk to a professional attorney or lawyer to obtain the right settlement. You’ll get the settlement you deserve by hiring a professional car accident lawyer Philadelphia or law firm.