Commercial trucks are among the vehicles that we see traveling on most major roadways. The growing need for the use of trucking industry all across the United States has paved way for commercial motor vehicles (CMV). These heavy-duty vehicles share the roadways with other smaller transport vehicles which at times could lead to a major road accident, serious injuries, and even higher rates of fatalities. Any of our Philadelphia truck accident lawyer firms are experienced in handling most cases involving truck accidents. They are knowledgeable of the trucking industry’s rules, mandated state laws of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and the trucking insurance lapses.
Truck Accident Lawyer Philadelphia
If you or a loved one has been involved in a road accident with a heavy-duty truck, or have lost a loved one after this accident, searching for the best Philadelphia truck accident lawyer is crucial, so that you can have peace of mind that the right compensation you deserve is given, both for your injuries and medical bills.
Types of Trucking Accidents
Although there is strict regulation on trucking, accidents like fatal crashes remain high on major roadways. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Analysis Division shares the common driver-related elements that could be accountable to most reported trucking fatalities:
- Over speeding
- Distraction while driving
- The inability of the driver to stay in the assigned lane
- Poor vision due to obstruction
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Driver’s fatigue (extended hours of driving without rest)
Safety Tips To Help Truck Drivers Drive Safely While On Major Roadways
- Stay at a reasonable distance for an emergency stop if you are driving a fully loaded tractor-trailer because a heavy-duty vehicle may pose a greater threat to other passenger-type vehicles sharing the roadways.
- Keep in mind the bigger the lorry you are driving, the bigger is the blind spot.
- The longer the lorry you are driving, the more complex it is when it comes to turning. A bigger lorry would need a wider path in order to turn.
- Truck drivers must always pass on their left side and avoid lingering in the process. The faster you are able to get out of the lorry’s “no-zone” with full control and presence of mind the better.
Major Causes of Trucking Accidents
Similar to other automobile accidents, trucking accidents can happen without any warning and all these could be due to the lorry drivers:
- Bad driving habits (over speeding, unmindful of the rules mandated for roadways
- Driving under the influence of liquor or drugs
- Non-stop long hours of driving lead to driver’ fatigue
Call Our Experienced Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer Now
If you or a loved one has suffered serious physical injuries or fatalities after a large truck accident, our team of experienced Philadelphia accident attorney representatives can help you with your case. For your inquiries, questions, or concerns, call our truck/lorry accident attorney Philadelphia law office hotline today for a Free Consultation.
You don’t need to suffer all the ordeal on your own due to another person’s negligence, our legal team of Philadelphia truck accident attorneys is there from start to finish to help you win this case and receive the compensation you truly deserve.