Over the past years, car related accidents in Philadelphia have dramatically risen based on generated statistics. Most of these reported car crash incidents around Philadelphia are due to increase in population, the presence of multi-lane, high-speed roadways and highways in the area. Regardless of these reasons, many individuals are becoming victims and being injured in car accidents. So, if you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries from a recent car accident, it would be a wise decision to consult a car accident attorney in Philly and have your case reviewed immediately.
Recent Statistics Report of Car Related Accidents
Based on 2015 Pennsylvania Crash Facts and Statistics report from Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (DOT) which was released late of 2016, the number of car crashes statewide totaled 127,127. This figure already includes 59,290 on personal injury crashes and 1,102 on fatal crashes. Below is the statistics compilation:
- Severe injuries (3,030); moderate car crashes (12,503); and minor injury related crashes (40,364).
- Philadelphia County reported a total of 8,341 personal injury crashes with the biggest number coming from Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia County reported a total number of 85 fatal car crashes the highest figure is from Pennsylvania.
- Most of the car crash happened in January while the fatal incidents of car crashes occurred in August.
- The report cases of car crashes happened on Fridays with the highest number of fatal crashes occurred on Sundays.
- Among the public holidays were these crashes happened are during Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day, including Christmas.
Causes of Car Accidents
The common causes of car crashes reported in Philadelphia including its nearby areas often include the following:
- Drivers disobedience on traffic laws, signals, signs and traffic control devices
- Failure to account existing hazards and unfavorable conditions on the road
- Bad driving habits like reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
What should be done if you get involved in a car accident?
If you are involved in a car accident, it’s crucial that you conduct a thorough investigation to verify if you can be entitled to compensation. You should also seek the legal representation of any of the members of car accident lawyers in Philadelphia to evaluate your case, gather more evidence and prove that negligence of another driver is present through the acquisition of the following legal documents:
- Vehicle maintenance records
- Surveillance footage report
- Cell phone records
- Medical records
- Toxicology reports
The car accident attorney in Philly may also gather written testimonies from third parties like witnesses to support your car accident case to be valid.
What is expected from your hired car accident lawyer in Philadelphia?
While your attorney is busy doing the groundwork of your car accident case, this legal representative may also take responsibility in doing the following actions:
- Make phone calls
- Filling out required forms
- Discuss with the client’s insurer’s adjuster about the compensation for injuries
Car Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia on Car Accident Cases
If you have been a victim of a horrific car collision due to the negligence of another driver, credible car accident lawyers in Philadelphia are ready to assist you with your case. Remember, get the right compensation is not always easily acquired from the insurance company and may become time- consuming as you try to defend the legality of your car accident case. If there has been an unfair judgment on your insurer’s decision, don’t hesitate to contact a reputable car accident attorney in Philly and let this expert defend your case in a court trial.