Determining if a slip or fall accident can be already a personal injury case requires the professional advice of an experienced lawyer in Philly. So, how can a person verify if he or she has a legal case after slipping on a wet floor?
When does an accidental slip or fall lead to liability?
There are no specific explanations as to when a person could be held liable for Slip and Fall case in Philadelphia. It depends on the circumstances that led to such accident. Here are some examples for you to have a clearer understanding:
- For a person to be responsible for an injury, the cause of the slip or fall must be a wet floor without proper signage. The injured person can file a slip and fall case according to an attorney practicing his or her profession in Philly.
- The owner of the building is aware about broken railings and didn’t take any action to fix it.
- The person managing the building did the necessary action such as putting the “Wet Floor” signage.
What is a “reasonable action” to prevent an accident?
A person who is held responsible for the care and maintenance of a property must take seriously this position and do the necessary actions to ensure the entire place is clean, safe, and secured. If the person did the required cleaning and repairs on cracked floors, add signage when the floor is wet or made an effort to check the area if it’s safe, then, if an accident happens like a trip or fall, the question who is really liable will be properly investigated. For example, if despite the warning sign of the wet floor, the person didn’t take this advice and decided to walk on it resulting to his or her fall, then, in this case, the owner of the property won’t be held liable.
Do you really have a case?
If you are really unsure whether your slip and fall accident has a case to file, ask a lawyer in Philly who handled accident or personal injury cases. You can also do some analysis on your own by asking the * following questions:
- If your slip or fall led to a broken hip and was due to a loose carpet flooring and the owner of the building already knows this issue and had been there unattended for quite some time?
- Are there other external factors that contributed to the slip and fall accident such as poor lighting in that area?
- Is there any protective barrier to prevent slips or falls in an accident-prone area?
What’s your next move?
If you strongly feel that you do have a legal claim from the injury inflicted after a bad fall or slip, the next move is to talk to a Slip and Fall Attorney Philadelphia and discuss your problem.