Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common types of work-related accidents in the United States. The majority of people don’t think about the dangers of these types of accidents and the damage that they cause. People also don’t realize how costly such accidents can be. For people who have been injured in a slip and fall accident, hiring an experienced personal injury law firm is the best way to obtain the compensation required to get back to normal life.
Do You Know? The majority of slip and fall accidents happen at businesses. In this article, you’ll get to know everything about slip and fall accidents at businesses.
Causes of Slip-and-Fall Accidents Happen in Businesses
- Human Error
- Cluttered Floors
- Improper Snow Removal
- Loose Floorboards
- Torn Carpeting
- Poorly Constructed Staircases
- Providing Insufficient Lighting
- Unstable Railings and Stairs
- Improper Ice Removal
Facts & Statistics About Slip & Fall Accidents
- Slip and fall is one of the most common causes of accidents for people of all ages
- More than 1 million people face critical injuries due to slip and fall accidents each year
- The estimated cost of a slip and fall is $40,000
- More than 5% of slip and fall accidents involve broken bones
- Majority of falls causes brain injury and hip fractures
- Medical bills are around $34 billion for slip and fall injuries annually
- Less than 3% of slip and fall cases go to a jury trial
Slip and Fall Accidents At Businesses
The majority of slip and fall accidents happen at these businesses.
- Department Stores
- Grocery Stores
Tips To Reduce Slip and Fall Accidents At Businesses
- Check the infrastructure and surroundings regularly including clutter, wet floors, torn carpeting, bad lighting, loose mats, and wires.
- Immediately put up warning signs to eliminate the hazard.
- Maintain all floors and walkways regularly using the cleaning products.
- Train your employees to report problems and respond to customer injuries immediately.
- Take care of your outdoor areas such as sidewalks and parking lots.
- Keep records of your daily safety inspections and maintenance work.
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident
- Seek Medical Treatment
- Report the Accident
- Document Everything
- Decline to Give Statements
- Call an Attorney
Are you injured in a slip and fall accident due to someone else’s negligence in Philadelphia? It is advisable to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer. Hiring a professional Slip and Fall Lawyer will help you receive the compensation you deserve for your claim.