Truck accidents happen daily all over the world. The victims of truck accidents suffer several fatal injuries. If you or your family member are injured in a truck accident due to someone else’s negligence in the U.S., you must hire a leading attorney or lawyer.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- Drunk driving
- Employer negligence
- Weather conditions
- Malfunctioned tires
- Texting while driving
- Poorly maintained trucks
- Changing lanes
- Blindspot accidents
- Unsafe driving practices
- Mechanical failure
- Medical problems
- Failing to secure loads
- Wide turns
- Lack of training
Factors On Which Truck Accidents Depend
- Brake issues
- Untrained driving
- Roadway problems
- Use of drugs and alcohol by the truck driver
- Poor surveillance
- Pressure to work from the carrier
- Driver making a wrong turn
- Careless driving
Common Truck Accident Injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Amputation and disfigurement
- Loss of limbs
- Internal injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Mental and emotional trauma
If you’ve been involved in a truck crash, you may need to deal with different liable parties such as the trucking company, the driver, the truck owner, the manufacturer, and the loaders. Involving these parties can make your case more complex. So, it is important to find and hire an experienced attorney that can help you navigate the various challenges.
Compensation You’ll Receive in A Truck Accident
Economic damages include medical bills, lost wages, and other direct costs you incurred due to your injuries.
Non-economic damages include loss of compensation for disfigurement, mental suffering, and loss of consortium.
Wondering how common are truck accidents? Check these statistics.
- More than 60 percent of severe truck accidents occurred in rural areas in 2017
- More than 25% of severe truck accidents occurred on Interstate highways in 2017
- Over 15% of severe truck accidents happened on rural Interstate highways in 2017
- More than 70 percent of fatal truck accidents involved a collision
- 151,246 truck crashes, 75,631 injuries, and 4,655 fatalities occurred in 2016
- 153,254 truck crashes, 75,190 injuries, and 4,586 fatalities occurred in 2017
- 40,249 crashes, 18,349 injuries, and 1,002 fatalities occurred in 2018
You or your family member has been injured in a truck crash due to someone else’s wrongful act? Talk to one of the leading attorneys or lawyers to get legal assistance. Hiring a professional Philadelphia truck accident lawyer or law firm will help you receive the maximum possible compensation.