Facts You Should Know About Philadelphia’s Medical Field
Philadelphia’s medical field has been growing at a steady pace over the last decade. The city is home to more than 5,000 physicians, which is more than any other city in the country. The Philadelphia Medical Society estimates that there are 50,000 physicians in the Philadelphia area today.
In addition to doctors and surgeons, Philadelphia also has dentists, optometrists, and podiatrists who provide health care services for patients.
The city is known as one of the most advanced centers of medical research in the world. There are several hospitals and medical centers in Philadelphia that offer cutting-edge treatments for diseases such as cancer and heart disease, to name a few.
Quick Facts About Philadelphia’s Medical Field
Let’s go over a rapid-fire round of the state’s medical field.
- The city is home to more than 3,000 medical school alumni, including more than 100 practicing physicians and surgeons.
- Philadelphia is home to the world’s first hospital, which was founded in 1699 by William Penn.
- The city has a large network of hospitals, clinics, and other health care facilities.
- Philadelphia is home to more than 300 medical schools and 200,000 physicians.
- The city has a strong community of health care providers, including more than 50 hospitals, 500 outpatient clinics, and nearly 70 nursing homes.
- Philadelphia’s health care infrastructure is considered one of the strongest in the nation. The city’s five universities are home to top-ranked medical schools, which attract students from all over the country.
- The city has more than 50 hospitals, including the University of Pennsylvania Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center.
- The Philadelphia area also has many private practices and clinics. In addition to these facilities, there are over 100 dental offices in the region.
- There are also several medical schools in the area: Temple University School of Medicine and Drexel University College of Medicine are ranked among the best in the nation.
Philadelphia is a major medical center, and many of its residents work in healthcare.
It is also a busy and crowded place. If you are new, it is easy to be deceived. This happens more often in the medical field. For example, it is easy to dupe unsuspecting patients. Medical malpractice is pretty rampant in the state.
What To Do In Such Cases?
Get yourself a Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyer. Attorneys are the best way out of a pickle like this. But it’s perfectly okay to be a little confused. After all, it’s not like you need a lawyer or attorney every other day, is it? Getting the hang of a reputable law firm is not easy – especially one that’s easy on the wallet.
But here at Philadelphia Injury Lawyers, we believe in striking a balance between costs and quality. Check out our Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyer directory. We are among the best-ranked law firms in the country, and you should get in touch for a rapid resolution of your medical malpractice case.