When a person is exposed to a toxin and sustains an injury, it is advisable to ask for compensation through a personal injury lawsuit called as a toxic tort. A toxic tort is a legal claim that comes up by exposure to a toxic substance. There are several substances that seem to be dangerous. In some cases, businesses fail to avoid exposing people to these dangers. Toxic tort cases are some of the most complex types of lawsuits, which are based on legal expertise and evidence.
Common Sources of Exposure in Toxic Tort Cases Include
Medications- Pharmaceutical manufacturers should manufacture products that are safe for consumers. If a drug company is unable to create safe drugs or if their drugs become contaminated with toxic substances, then they are responsible for putting consumers at risk for sustaining life-threatening injuries.
Occupational Exposure- Employers who expose their employees to toxic substances are responsible for the injuries their workers sustain. Many employees in the construction industry have received diagnosis of mesothelioma caused due to asbestos exposure at their workplace.
Toxic Tort Substances
- Dry Cleaning
- Lead-based Paint
- Pesticides i.e. Dioxin and DDT
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Toxic Landfill Waste
- Several Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
Toxic tort lawsuits arise from several situations and include different types of defendants. A party who exposes anyone to toxic substances may face responsibility in a toxic tort claim. Some examples of possible defendants in this lawsuit include:
- Companies that illegally dump chemicals and release dangerous toxins into the air, causing air pollution.
- Employers who allow toxic hazards at a worksite or fail to provide safety equipment to their workers.
- A building owner who is aware of asbestos in a building but failed to address it on time.
- Landlords may bear liability for lead paint exposure.
- Manufacturers of defective drugs or drugs that contain toxic materials.
If you find that toxic exposure has made you or your family member seriously ill, Philadephia Injury Lawyers can help. Known for providing law representation, we know how to approach all details of legal matters. We work on a contingency basis. You don’t need to pay any amount unless you win compensation or settlement for your suffering. Providing the best legal service for our valuable clients is our topmost priority. Let us help you receive the maximum possible compensation for your toxic tort lawsuit!