Medical malpractice is one of the major problems in the United States. It is actually an act or by a medical professional that diverges from the right medical standard of treatment. Medical mistakes carry distressing consequences. Medical malpractice is the third-leading cause of death in the United States. According to a recent study, approx. 400,000 people die from medical negligence each year.
Few Facts About Medical Malpractice
- Medical malpractice is one of the major causes of death in the U.S.
- Paralysis and brain damage are the medical negligence lawsuits with the highest payouts
- 100,000 deaths happen in the U.S. each year due to medical errors
- 19,000 medical malpractice cases are filed in this country every year
- 195,000 patients die as a result of preventable medical errors every year
- 40% of healthcare professionals had been litigated for medical malpractice
- Misdiagnosis is one of the common causes of medical negligence
- Medication errors, medical errors, bedsores, and post-surgical infections are a few common causes of medical malpractice
- New York, New Jersey, California, and Florida have the highest medical malpractice payouts in the U.S.
- Finding a genuine medical malpractice lawyer is quite challenging
- Some medical negligence cases occur as a result of sexual misconduct at hospitals
- Medical malpractice lawsuits take weeks or months
- Most of the medical negligence lawyers work on a contingency fee
Common Causes of Medical Negligence
Misdiagnosis – If a doctor or other medical professional fails to diagnose your condition, you’ll face some serious consequences.
Surgical Errors- Errors that occur during surgery can have challenging consequences. More than 6% of patients suffering from surgical errors die each year.
Anesthesia Errors- If a healthcare professional gives you too much or too little anesthesia before performing surgery, it can be really harmful.
Childbirth Injury- This type of injury is caused by human error which causes harm to the newborn baby or mother. Wrongful conception, wrongful birth, injury to mother, and injury to an infant are some of the most common birth injuries.
Medication Errors – If a patient is given the wrong drug or incorrect dosage, it may lead to serious harm to the patient.
Medical malpractice affects the victim’s life. If you or your family member have suffered from medical negligence in Philadelphia, find and hire one of the professional lawyers or attorneys. By hiring a professional Medical Malpractice Lawyer Philadelphia, you’ll receive the right compensation for your pain and suffering.