Car accidents are unfortunately too common in the U.S. The majority of car crashes are caused by human error. Some incidents that lead to car crashes include harsh weather conditions. More than 6 million car accidents happen in the U.S. every year. If you or your family member is injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence in Philadelphia, choose one of the leading attorneys or lawyers to receive the compensation you deserve
Most Causes of Car Accidents in Philadelphia
Distracted driving becomes one of the major causes of car accidents for the past decades. It is important to pay attention while you are driving. You need to avoid calls, texting, eating, reading or talking while driving. The list of distractions is limitless.
Speeding is another cause of car accidents in Philadelphia every year. More than 10,000 people are killed every year in speed-related accidents Drivers are driving cars above the speed limit. It is advisable to follow the speed limit to drive safely.
Drunk driving is one of the dangerous causes of accidents in Philadephia. More than 10,000 people were killed in alcohol-related accidents. When drunk, drivers lose their ability to drive properly. It is advisable to drive without drinking as it will keep you and the people around you out of danger.
If the weather gets bad, roads also become bad. Car crashes happen very often in the rain as water creates dangerous surfaces for vehicles. To avoid a car crash, drive carefully when it rains.
Here are some updated car accident statistics in Philadelphia:
- Speeding is one of the most common causes of car accidents
- Approx. 3 million people in Philadelphia are injured in car accidents every year
- Approx. 2 million drivers have experienced severe injuries after a car crash
- More than 10 million car crashes go unreported each year
- The car accident fatality rate for males is higher than that of females in Philadelphia
- Most devastating car crashes happen during weekends
- Over 48% of all fatal car accidents happen during the nighttime
- 1 out of 3 people involved in texting while driving
- 40 percent of car crashes happen due to drunken driver
- Approximately 90 American citizens die in car crashes every day
- 1 out of 3 car accidents are caused by tailgating
- Over 70 percent of pedestrians died in car crashes happen during the nighttime
- Approx.1,600 children die in car crashes every year
- Over 1000 people are injured in car accidents that involve a distracted driver
- More than 9 people are died in car crashes due to distracted driving each day
If you or your family member has been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, speak to a professional attorney or lawyer to receive the right settlement. You’ll receive the compensation you deserve by hiring a professional Car Accident Lawyer or law firm.